21 December 2006

Huzzah! I have a job!

So some sudden and v. exciting news -- I just accepted a position with the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation as an Assistant
Travelling Interpretive Supervisor set to start in early January. I'm thrilled to have a job in the field that I was looking for and it
should be really fun. I'll be working at the Foundation's Jamestown Settlement and occasionally travelling to various parts of
Virginia and the East Coast, especially to promote the 400th anniversary of the founding of Jamestown (founded 1607). I'll be doing costumed interpretation, including some non-traditional roles for females like helping to sail the ships (and climb the rigging!), etc. I'm going to try to be down there for an orientation beginning on the 8th of January, so it'll be a quick move. It'll be a frantic couple of weeks on top of the holidays, but I'm still pretty excited!

  • Jamestown Settlement
  • 3 comments:

    Michael Litzner said...

    congratulations Miss Fitzwater

    Anonymous said...

    Steph,

    Congratulations on the job. You should have a ball down there.

    Talia said...

    Congratulations honey! It sounds like an awesome job (especially the climbing the rigging part!)

    By the by, how have you been?