20 November 2008

A Few Halloweens

So between working trips this fall, I've been trying to lay low and save money. However, there's been quite the run-up to Halloween as well. Some of us went to Busch Gardens' Hallowscream a couple of times. Also, Mark's friend Stephanie (fantastic name!) had a Halloween birthday party, where I debuted my costume as a lumberjack and Mark went as Superman (though I was worried it seemed to normal, but that just might be the Michigan in me, having seen people dress like this on a normal basis). The following weekend on actual Halloween night, we had friends over at our house to watch scary movies (including classics such as "My Bloody Valentine" about a crazed miner angry about Valentines Day parties and Jason 8: Jason Takes Manhattan) and dress in either costume or scary face paint. The day after Halloween, a coworker had a Halloween party at his house with the Lords of Misrule playing. I was pretty excited about my costume for this party, as you'll see below. There were some great costumes, including the second Sarah Palin of the season, a Dark-Knight-esque Joker, a pair of late-18th/early-19th century British military explorers complete with pith helmets, and a dead Alexander Hamilton. Here are some fun photos...

Halloween #1:

Mark taking in some quality literature between birthday party and karaoke (yes, in a Barnes & Noble in costume)

Lumberjack me and Superman Mark

Superman and Sarah Palin #1 (who sang her own version of "Redneck Woman" at karaoke, which a lot of Palin supporters loved and actually began talking politics with her to figure out if her song was a parody or a tribute)



Halloween #2:

Matt (he'd already partially taken off his costume) and Sally (covering up her makeup with her apparently annual tradition of stealing other costumes for photos)



Halloween #3:

Me (as Jack, complete with hedgehog) and Jack (thrilled to have his own tribute)

Scott's sister-in-law as Sarah Palin #2 and Jack

The Captain and Scott

Brian and Loren as Clint Eastwood and one of his movie cohorts



And a tribute to Mark Summers' costume as Alexander Hamilton (I couldn't pick just one):

Mark dueling with Jeff (rather gleefully)

Showing of his on-hand copy of the Federalist Papers

And if you didn't get it yet...

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hahahahaha I love these costumes. I had no idea you were Jack!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great costumes! A very "colonial" bunch of Halloween revelers, I must say ...