12 March 2007

Huge Cement Presidents

So, I could have included these photos in the post about my family's visit, but there were just too many! Giant cement presidents do tend to overwhelm everything else, so here are some of my favorite photos...

(photos: Presidential Park... the outdoor section; me and John Adams (both behind me and on my thumb!); the reaction I tend to get from Andrew Jackson... very similar to my mussels face a la Brugge in Katie's March 2006 entry on her blog; Leslie and me educating ourselves about Zachary Taylor; and me swooning over the best looking president, Franklin Pierce.)





Imagine my delight when I was dealt the following hand in our Presidential card game, "The People's Choice." From left to right, we have affable and friendly Rutherford B. Hayes, eccentric and secretive (some would say "enigmatic") TJ, hottie extraordinaire (he was indeed sociable, depressed, and well-dressed) Franklin Pierce, a certain president of whom I'm not too fond, and of course the both ambitious and insecure John Adams. And yes, the secrecy screens are really cardboard White Houses.

No comments: