31 October 2006

Season(s) of Mackinac

Since I had my cute little camera with me quite a bit this fall, I took quite a few pictures... often of not much other than the foliage. Anyway, here are a few selections from this fall on Mackinac...

(photos: Hiking between the two parts of the Pontiac Trail stairway; campaign season; blustery day working at the Lighthouse; the Fort in the fall, looking just a bit different that; and British Landing Road near Wawashkamo and the dump.)






(photos: What I spent most of my days in the South Sally booth staring at -- view #1 on a sunny day; the perfect spot to people watch; view #2 on a dark and cloudy day; the Fort as seen from The Beanery; and some color behind the Indian Dorm.)






(photos: View #3 on a particularly (and v. oddly) foggy day; Fort and trees in the fall on an apparently slow day; the lake from Arch Rock; Crooked Tree Road; and at the airport.)






(photos: Garrison Road; Main Street from Biddle/Windemere Point; freakish snow storm and the trees outside my window as I woke up; Mission House a bit later; and even later.)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos -- I feel as if I were there!